Friday, December 29, 2006

Wii-diculous

Elmer Fudd jokes aside, the Wii is really getting hit hard by idiots.
Well, that's not exactly what I meant, but you get the idea.

For some reason, people are out to get Nintendo's little system that could. You've got your damage claims (my personal favorite being this moron who managed to put his Wii-mote through his TV. Not the screen, either: the frame), stupid lawsuits (hey -- try this guy's idea for a wrist strap), or just general slander. Why the hate?

If anything, people should be praising the Wii. I don't have one (so don't "fanboy" label me just yet), but from what I've seen, they've finally found a way to target the missing demographic: the stupid and the elderly. I thought Nintendo had managed to get the elderly before, but the stories of Gramps playing Wii Sports and finding meaning in life are just too good to pass up. Also, you've got your war veterans who are playing games for the first time in years (tough to play a standard system with only one hand), and even the left-handed movement is happy.

So really...stop hating.

No comments: